Friday, February 19, 2010

GHC Receives Thanks From Army Mom

Message from Army Mom about phone conversation with soldier son in Afghanistan: "Hello everyone…just wanted to let you all know that I got a call from my son this morning. I’m sure most of you know that his unit has been on the “Marjah” mission in Helmand Province this past week.

They are back on the base now, but will be going back into Helmand on Friday. He sounded terrible as he has a nasty head and chest cold with the bonus sore throat to go with it. He said that everyone in the unit has been sick and they seem to just keep passing it around. He assured me that the medics are taking good care of him and is hoping to feel better by Friday when they head back into the field.

My son told me that, so far, things are going well with Marjah, they are making some real gains and that the numbers are “good”. He said that it is a real honor to be a part of such a huge operation and for all of those that were not called to be a part of this mission are kind of sad about it. He also added that it would be much easier to get things done if there weren’t so many “rules” to follow. He said that this should be a real turning point in Afghanistan if everything keeps heading in the right direction.

When we hung-up, he was off to try and find a HOT shower before bed, but asked me to thank everyone for him for all of the care packages, letters and cards…I thank you all as well…especially for your continued support and prayers for him.

May God bless all of you and God bless our troops…much love."