Friday, October 30, 2009

GHC Awarded "Hometown Heroes" Medal





Just in:

"To all of the wonderful members of the Gorge Heroes Club: We had a ceremony at my base during our last drill weekend and each member was awarded a medal and plaque for being "Hometown Heroes." We were also given a separate "Hometown Heroes" medal that we were to award to a friend of family member who we felt supported us during our times of deployment. Of course, I first thought of my Mom and Dad, Lane and Betsy Smith, who have done nothing but support me and my two younger sisters during our military career. However, my second thought was of the Heroes Club and how thankful I am for all your time and efforts to make sure that every Gorge military member, whether deployed or at home, is remembered and made to feel like we are special. You guys do a GREAT job of making us feel special! So, I would like to award you with my "Hometown Heroes" medal. Thank you for your support, pride and love," Airman Kelly A. Smith.

Airman Smith, we are deeply touched and honored. GHC would like to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation in acceptance of this award. Our new award will be proudly displayed at the Hood River National Guard Armory for all our GHC members and the community to share.

VERY PROUDLY,

Your GHC