Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekly Heroes News

Congrats go out to Lynetta Hickman for her completion of Marine Advanced Combat Training... and a warm welcome home to Airman Sherman Miller. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Pics from our Marine Heroes on the lines:




--------------------------------

Dear Terri,

Thanks for the birthday card! And yes, I do have a few more grey hairs. Funny how when you are young, and you dream about what you wanted to be. Well, I always knew I would be in the military, but not spending my birthday in a war zone. But, it is all worth it if my kids and my grandkids (if I ever have any) will never have to spend their birthday's in a war zone!

It has been really quiet here. We have had time to visit with some of the local kids that come up to the unit gates. I saw this really pretty blonde haired, blue eye little girl yesterday. Some of the kids know a little English. They are always very polite and very well mannered. Most of the always say, "please" and "thank you". I gave her one of the beanie babies that you sent and her eyes just lit up. All their smiles makes our day much easier and makes our time pass much faster with your cards and packages.

The waxed maple leaves you sent are a real hit! We have them hanging from the ceiling in our mess tent. It is really nice to look at something other than sand!

Your friend,

Mike - Iraq