Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Weekly Hero News

"Thank you very much for your thoughts and the care packages. It was a very funny sight, watching all the soldiers walking around with Otter Pops! Thanks again, I hope all is going well in Hood River," Ssgt. Enid.
____________________________

"Dear Gorge Heroes Club: Thank you so much for the care package that you sent me; made my whole week! Little bit of a rough day today. Had the memorial service (for fallen soldiers). So hard to say goodbye. The service was very well done with standing room only in the Hope Chapel. God Bless them on their Way. Weather is cooling down and days getting shorter. The freezer pops will be a treat and the combat-ready balm will be put to good use. How did you know I needed cigars? You're the best:) Sat out back tonight under a full moon, had one and thought of you. Mission's going well. Keeping really busy with my four full-time jobs. We'll be home soon. Love to all. Again, thank you so much,"
SFC Roger

___________________________
Dear Terri,

Please thank your daycare kids for the cute colorings they did. It is hard to believe I have been here for almost a year. We have put them up on the wall inside our tent. They are so cute. It is funny because when I started getting your packages, I was getting a little "razzing" about it, but now everyone joins around to see what kind of goodies I get with each package. Lots here have commented on how lucky I am to have such a good person back home that cares for me and sends me goodies. As you know, I always share them with my unit. The morale here is always high when we get your packages. And, they always seem to come just after we have been gone for a few days. Do you have a direct link to the post office? :)

Anyway, we just wanted to thank you again for all you are doing for us. Your cards, letters and packages really do make a huge difference to all of us. I was wondering if you can do me a favor? One of our guys in our unit is from a foster family and he has no one this holiday season. Can you please send me a couple Christmas cards for him? I know it will go a long way in helping him through the holidays.

Kindly,
Mike