Thursday, December 16, 2010

GHC Receives "Thanks" From The 1st Marine Division - Afghanistan


The Gorge Heroes Club  is honored to have received  "thank you" notes from members of the 1st Marine Division currently stationed in Marjah, Afghanistan. 
--------------------
Dear GHC,

"Thank you all so much for the stockings, the Marines and Sailors all loved them. I had enough to give to everyone in my office and share with some of the others. You guys are the best. Believe it or not, someone sent us real Christmas trees, a box of lights and ornaments, so we will decorate it tonight. The Marines have hung stockings up and are in the holiday spirit. Thank you again." CP

--------------------

Dear GHC,

"I would like to personally thank you and your family for the Christmas stocking, card and prayers. We really appreciate all your support, it goes a long way when you're out here alone. At least I can say that I have my fellow brethren and sisters here with me. It's really nice to know that there are still people out there who care so much for this great country and those who protect it. Your kind words and selfless act to ensure that we have something for Christmas-  really touches my heart. My sincere thanks to you and your family! Take care and may God continue to Bless you and your family for many years to come." RF

-------------------

Dear GHC, 

"I just want to say thank you very much for the Christmas socks that we received today. You should've seen all these smiling faces. Little things like this gift makes a big difference for these young Marines out here, it remarkably boosted their morale. Again, thank you very much for all your support. Happy Holidays and God bless!" RM

-------------------


Dear GHC,

"Thanks for the thoughtful gifts.  I just wanted to wish you a happy holidays and a big Thank you! for your support. I was raised in Tigard, Oregon, graduated class of 91’ from Tigard High School. I do miss the Northwest dearly and when I retire I plan to move back in the Portland area or Bend Area. I appreciate your prayers and remembering us out here fighting the fight. Semper Fi!" CR

-------------------

Honored,
Your GHC