Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weekly Hero News

Dear GHC,

"....I want to take this time to thank you for the care packages. Myself and my unit of 45 just got back from an extended mission. We have been out for about three weeks now and coming back and seeing your care package really meant a lot to me and my unit. We only have two other guys in my unit that get regular care packages and we always share. It really is just like Christmas morning here when we get your care packages. Everyone gathers around to see what is inside. This time around the blank Christmas cards were a huge hit! I just want you to know that your care package gave us some huge smiles this morning! We really feel your American spirit through the miles..."
John, Iraq
________________________

"Greetings from Iraq! Our unit remains strong and our missions have picked up this past month. Each day is a challenge, but we are committed to our mission. Please let everyone know that all your care packages are appreciated. All your kindness and generosity is making our tour easier. Lots of ooooooh's and aaaaah's when we put out our received items. Please have a wonderful holiday season". SSGT Don, Iraq