Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekly Hero News

"Dear GHC, I received your care package today and I just want to thank you for the care and respect that is put into each package. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. It reminds us that we are remembered back home and it encourages us to do our job safely. Thank you for tucking in the little American Flag, though small, I know it represents the greatest country in the world!" Your Friend, Mike
___________________

"To Everyone in the Gorge Heroes Club: Thank you all so much for everything in each of the packages. It must take a long time to prepare everything to be able to send it to us! Thank you especially for all of the handmade cards. I have kept them all and they are now on display in my dorm room as decorations! I really enjoy being here in Japan. I have had the opportunity to learn the language and to get off base and go exploring! It snowed a little on Tuesday, Nov. 3, but just a dusting. It is supposed to snow again next week, but the American weather reporters are the same as in the states; they guess more than they are accurate! God Bless all," Airman Lee