Wednesday, August 12, 2009





Our Marines - Thanks for the pics....
______________________________

8/11/09

This just in from an Air Force Pilot: "To my friends at the Heroes Club, I was so surprised to find a box of goodies waiting for me in the mailbox! I actually just got home from a Guard trip in support the Ohio F-16 Guard unit -- and it was so cool to find it waiting for me! I hope you all know just how appreciated YOU are. You show our NW soldiers that it's not just family and close friends who are thinking of them when they are deployed -- or even when we are here at home! I know and have personally experienced the joy you feel to receive a package from the Heroes Club. Plus, I have become a devoted fan of whatever these "all fruit cranberry-pear bars" are for life!!!!! Thank you again for thinking of me, my sisters and all the other members of the armed forces that you support."
____________________________
8/11
Dear Terri,
Thank you so much for the colored pictures from your kids. They are really nice to get from home. We put them up above the table we put all your goodies on that we share. There are a couple of guys in my unit that were foster kids and don't get much mail, if any. So, I shared the cards you sent with them. I can't tell you how much appreciation I saw in their eyes. Some of the guys in my unit have been here for 9 months or more and have never received anything, so we are all grateful for the cards, letters and care packages. Thank you again.

Your friend,

Mike, Iraq
___________________________
Dear Ms Hansen,

Your package arrived today and it was a very welcome surprise. Our unit has been out on manouvers for just about three weeks now. Your package was the first thing I saw sitting on my bunk. Thanks! I really appreciated the oatmeal cookies and the M&M candies. They didn't last long at all. I was able to hand out all the suckers you sent to us and some of the stuffed animals. They pack really well for us.

Things have been pretty quiet here. We have had a couple IED's but nothing serious. Time is passing quicker than I thought it would.

I want to thank you again for your care packages. The kid's drawings and cards are very special. It helps pass the time and it really helps knowing we are supported back home.

Take care,

SSGT, Don - Iraq
PS - Can you please send some more marshmellows for the marshmellow shooter? We are having so much fun!